PS5? No thanks! Nintendos OLED-Switch has conquered my heart

Why is the OLED Switch more money? ????

Nintendos Oled-Switch has left many fans left behind - but not me! The new handheld console is exactly what I wanted. Since I can still confidently wait a little longer on the PS5.

A Comment by Robert Kohlick

OLED-SWITCH: Nintendo has not queried a leg

For several months, there have been rumors in the network to a Nintendo Switch Pro. According to insider reports, the new version of the handheld console should provide significantly more power than the original. Many fans have long dreamed of this hardware upgrade. A switch with which you can finally play the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild in 4k or maybe even in 60 fps - that would be the hammer, right?

A few days ago, Nintendo now introduced his brand new switch - and disillusionment could hardly be greater. The OLED model appearing in October sets the same hardware under the hood as the original , the changes can almost be counted on one source:

  • The display grows from 6.2 to 7 inches.
  • Instead of an IPS panel, an OLED screen is used.
  • The Kickstand is now much wider and more stable.
  • The dock of the OLED switch offers a LAN connection and active cooling.
  • The built loudspeakers of the handheld console blade a little better.
  • The internal memory grows from 32 to 64 GB.

Pre-order Nintendo Switch (OLED model) at MediaMarkt

For many fans that was too little, I can understand that. Nevertheless, I have pre-ordered the new OLED switch directly - and that, although I already call an original switch my own. But what did me ride?

_The OLED model The Nintendo Switch offers some interesting innovations. Which ones are, we have briefly summarized for you and crisp in the form of a video: _

The OLED Switch has met many of my wishes

I love my Nintendo Switch. When I gave my handheld console a little more than 3 years ago, I would never have thought that I would close her in my heart. Especially on the way, the switch is often used for me. But there is a point that bothers me on the original: the display . The IPS panel of the switch may be and really okay for itself, but compared to the OLED screens of modern smartphones, it actually looks old baking. This is not just on the installed panel, also the huge black edges around the screen make the original switch as a device from gray temporary. No wonder, the handheld console has meanwhile more than 4 years on the hump!

In addition, my switch is still the first version of the handheld console. Since 2019 Nintendo only sells the new version of the switch, which offers a significantly better battery life as my old carrot. Although I have almost always in the railway in the railway and Co. almost always a socket within reach, yet there are from time to time, where there was a little more battery life very much.

_Einige our criticisms have already been solved with the OLED version - but others continue to persist: _

The two points are completely enough for me to make me tasty the "Oled Upgrade" of the Switch. Do I want to say that I find the price of currently 359 euros justified? No way! The handheld console is rationally excessively overpriced , considering what is built for old technology. For most of the players, the acquisition of the new OLED switch is simply worthwhile, this is also open to Nintendo. Therefore, I can also understand if many people locate Veralabter from the traditional company.

_Also colleague frank is disappointed with the OLED Switch: _

Reading

Still in the power hole: Why the OLED switch is a disappointment

Frank Knitter

I can not wait to keep the new Nintendo Switch OLED in your hands, to put the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and to rescue Hyrule together with link, thanks to OLED display as beautiful as never before never shining will. I can wait a bit longer for the PS5 - at least as long before there is finally real system sellers for the console.

Also interesting: Competition for the Switch: Hey Sony, it's time to offer Nintendo the forehead!

What is your opinion about the new OLED model of the Nintendo Switch? Are you also gaining the improved version of the handheld console? Or is you prefer to remain with your normal switch or switch lite? Write us your opinion in the Facebook comments!

Comments

Popular Posts